- JOHN KEATS COMPLETE WORKS ULTIMATE COLLECTION 50+ Works ALL poems, poetry, posthumous works, letters and BIOGRAPHY;
- Macmillan Readers;
- 20 Hot XXX Lesbian Erotic Stories (Bundle 2)?
- If I Ever Fall in Love Again.
- Higher Education Assessments: Leadership Matters (The ACE Series on Higher Education)!
- Navigation menu.
However, the arrival of several regiments preparing for an expected invasion brings colour and chaos to the county. A graceful and charming young woman, Anne is pursued by three suitors: John Loveday, the trumpet-major in a British regiment, honest and loyal; his brother Robert, a merchant seaman and womaniser, and Festus Derriman, the cowardly son of the local squire.
Stream audiobook and download chapters
Set at the time of the Napoleonic wars, this is the author's only historical novel, and unusually for Hardy's books, some of the characters live happily ever after. Summary adapted from Wikipedia by Cori Samuel. For further information, including links to M4B audio book, online text, reader information, RSS feeds, CD cover or other formats if available , please go to the LibriVox catalog page for this recording. For more free audiobooks, or to become a volunteer reader, please visit librivox.
M4B audio book, part 1 mb M4B audio book, part 2 mb. Download links are also delivered to you via e-mail: see Download Shop — How It Works for more details. Far From the Madding Crowd. The Mayor of Casterbridge. The Return of the Native.
- Urban Legends: A Selection of Killer Tales?
- Calculus of Variations and Optimal Control Theory: A Concise Introduction.
- The New Societies: Concepts & Apperceptions of an Eastern Caribbean model of Commonality.
- Gastro - Review of The Trumpet Major, Dorchester, England - TripAdvisor!
- See a Problem?.
- Travelers who viewed The Trumpet Major also viewed.
- The Trumpet-Major;
- The Life of Bennette, A Crackhead.
- Dels Pirates [Sequel to Gbaenas Pirates] (Siren Publishing Menage Amour);
- The Trumpet-Major.
- The Dark Kingdom?
Among the great Victorian novelists, only Hardy and Dickens consistently addressed issues of class. Narrator Nicholas Rowe gives a clear portrayal of the accents and diction of various classes, ranging from rural servants to King George III. But then these people of the working classes and lower gentry will come to life.
First published in , The Trumpet-Major is set during the Napoleonic Wars of the early nineteenth century. Anne Garland and her mother, Martha, live in the quiet English town of Overcombe.
Anne is a winsome and principled young woman, while widowed Martha contemplates remarriage to the local miller.